Saturday, January 27, 2007

Getting closer

Marcia and I just spent a week in Uspallata, Argentina, up in the Andes. We discussed the trip we will be taking, and here are some of her thoughts:

1. She doesn't need to practice before we go, because she has a secret way of getting in shape fast.

2. We will probably find a place we like and spend the whole month there.

3. Instead of writing her own blog, she wants to post on this one. Most of my entries will be about how wonderful she is and hers will be about how difficult it is to travel with me.

4. Instead of helmets, we should wear big sombreros.

Last night I had dinner with my friend Cherie and her boyfriend Gonzalo. They were kind enough to bring me a new Sram 3.0 comp shifter with extra long cables for my bike, and a rearview mirror for Marcia's down from New York. It looks like I may be able to put the bike in all 21 gears again after all.

On Monday I am going to go look for rear racks for the bikes. I can hang the tent and small bag we will be taking on the backs of the seats, but don't know how well the seat frames will take that weight and ours for a month.

Our trip starts next Sunday.

No comments: